108 Miller St.
West Preston, 3072.
Victoria. Australia
Home
Welcome
The Dolls House was built in the mid 1970's by William Cave Howard (1905-1990).  Its materials are distinctly 1970's while the design and
proportions reflect a more Georgian Persuasion. 
Initially the Dolls House lived in Adelaide and was used by children
to act out real and imagined stories and as a space in which to play
games.  In 2002 The Dolls House moved to Melbourne, but it was not until March 2004 that it took on its current role as a not-for-profit gallery space.
Situated in a shop window in the inner north of Melbourne, this miniature gallery exhibits site specific installations which engage with the inherent readings, challenges and opportunities presented by its scale and form. The accessibility of both the shop window and the Dolls House, as a site of play and fantasy, invites anyone and everyone to pause for a moment and look through its four rooms.   
Image

www.via-n.org

 

 
 
2011

HAND HELD GALLERY (The Dolls House is temporarily relocating to the city during September.)
Suite 18, upstairs
Paramount Arcade

108 Bourke Street
Melbourne, 3000

INSIDE OUT/OUTSIDE IN
Richard Harding
Heather Hesterman
Rebecca Mayo
Raquel Ormella

INSIDE OUT/OUTSIDE IN is part of the Month of Print , a series of satelite events to Impact 7, an international print conference hosted by Monash University.

handheldgallery.blogspot.com

Image 

 
© 2016 thedollshouse.com.au